GH5 lens help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My present cameras are the Sony Rx100 5A (without wet lenses) and GoPro6. I'm looking to move on to the GH5 for the larger M43 sensor's better low light performance. I shoot mainly wide angle angle and am confused by the lens choices available. I'm currently looking at either a 7-14 or 14-42 and would appreciate your thoughts as to which would be more suitable for me. Examples of my videos below. Thanks.

Avoid the 7-14 lenses at all costs. They perform poorly underwater due to excessive perspective distortion

On my blog there are many articles on lens selection etc etc http://interceptor121.com

Reactions: CWK
I gone through @Interceptor121 blog for articles on the GH5 and was going to plonk my money down for the 14-42 Mk2 lens. Unfortunately that lens does not appear to be available in my market. It may, however, be possible to order one to be imported into the country.

The standard lens that the GH5 is sold with in my market is the Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35 f2.8 II Asph. Power OIS lens. Looks like this is the lens that I will get, unless someone speaks up to advise against it.

I gone through @Interceptor121 blog for articles on the GH5 and was going to plonk my money down for the 14-42 Mk2 lens. Unfortunately that lens does not appear to be available in my market. It may, however, be possible to order one to be imported into the country.

The standard lens that the GH5 is sold with in my market is the Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35 f2.8 II Asph. Power OIS lens. Looks like this is the lens that I will get, unless someone speaks up to advise against it.

The 12-35 mm is a great lens for on land video. Underwater the focal range is limited. See if you can get the Leica 12-60 mm as kit lens I use this lens as per this example

The 14-42 mm you need is this LUMIX Camera Zoom Lens 42mm H-FS1442AE | Panasonic UK & Ireland

It does not sell with the GH5 as it is too cheap as kit lens...

Back
Top Bottom