GH5 in the Graveyard of the Atlantic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stphnmartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Did three days of diving in the Graveyard of the Atlantic out of Beaufort, NC with Discovery Diving. Hit the wrecks of the Aeolus and Spar. Visibility wasn't the best, but managed to spend some quality time with the sand tiger sharks.

In a day's dive there we usually do one offshore dive and one in shore dive. On the inshore dives I usually do macro as the viz is poorer. However, this year the viz was so bad in shore we didn't even try. So, it was all wide angle.

The challenge with shooting sand tigers is they are so white on the bottom it's easy to overexpose as they get closer.

Here's the video. Comments and critiques are welcomed.

Nice. I assume you used a drone for the overhead shots. Did you land the drone back on the boat? Were you on the Captain’s Lady or the Outrageous V?

Nice. I assume you used a drone for the overhead shots. Did you land the drone back on the boat? Were you on the Captain’s Lady or the Outrageous V?

Thanks WinfieldNC. I was on the Outrageous V for two days and the Captain's Lady for 1. I actually coordinated with my nephew who was on land to get the drone shots. It's hard to land a drone on a moving boat. Especially as it travels through the inlet.

Back
Top Bottom