GF Setting/Request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I own a Petrel, and think it's a great computer. I've been doing some experimentation with GFs lately in an effort to move my diving profiles more toward the ZHL-16C algorithm and away from a deeper stop bias. To do so, I'm modifying the GF lo to a higher setting, but I'm running into a few restrictions in the Petrel that are causing me problems.

First, if you set GF lo higher than 50%, then the max the GF hi can be is 90%. This isn't a huge problem, but I may want to run my computer at max ZHL-16C (100/100) for contingencies (or even 95/95 to be less on the bleeding edge), and then just cut more conservative tables. I would like to have that option, but currently do not based on the Petrel's restrictions.

Second, I am not able to have a GF lo that is higher than my GF hi. For example, I cannot produce an 80/70 profile. I see value in this type of profile as I can stick more closely with ZHL-16C during the ascent and first stop, but then introduce additional conservatism along my shallow stops. I have a piece of software than can produce these tables, but I would like to be able to run a profile like this on my excellent, highly capable deco computer as well.

Outside of posting here, is there a way to get this request considered?

Thanks,

Mike Guerrero

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom