Getting wet in Cyprus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funnyfish22

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm thinking about going to Lanarca in Cyprus. my girlfriend will be doing her ow there. i was hoping somebody could recommend a good padi center, and what is the diving like.

Lanarca is home the queen zenobia, an pretty impressive wreck.
i heard its rated in the top 5 wrecks in the world.
it is ideal for diving, the boat lays on one of its sides.
the top is at about 18m and the bottom is at about 44m.
there are a lot of fish that hang around there.
probably the best dive you can do in cyprus.

when i was there i dive most of the southeast corner, cape grekko area.
its not thriving with marine life as most of it is over fished,
but there is always something interesting.
i was rather lucky i managed to see quiet a bit, from octopus, small rays, turtles etc...
i even found 20euro at about 24m
and there are some nice swim through dives.

im not sure what dive centers are in larnaca,
so i will leave that open to other people.

hope that helps a little

Funny Fish,

I'm headed to Cyprus in a little over a month. It'll be my first time there. I have my dive certs with TDI/SDI, so I went to their site to look for companies they listed. I think I'm going to go with Dive-In. Of Course I want to dive Zenobia, but any other suggestions for dives or companies?

Thanks,

Hutch

Hey guys,

there are plenty of dive centers in cyprus, where ever you go.
when i was there i stayed in Protaras which is near cape grekko,
there are literally 10's of dive centers in that town
at one dive site there was a dive center
from larnaca which is a good 40min drive.

most of the diving in that part is from the shore,
most dives range from 10m to 25m
there are maybe 3 that go beyond +30.

the link below is a list of dive centers in cyprus,

Cyprus Scuba Diving Directory

hope this was some help...

any other questions let me know and i will see what i can do.

happy diving!

Try 'easy divers' in Parlimni near Protaras in the south, did my IDC there and Joey one of the best CD's out there.

For life go to the north, try Turtlebay dive centre in Lapta, Hotel Sempati.

N.S

I've dived the Zenobia many times, a good dive with plenty to discover. The "Queen Zenobia, or Zenobia Queen" is a dive boat that operates straight out of Larnaca harbour. This boat can get very crowded as all the dive centres from all over the island book onto this boat. On the other hand, they will mix you nitrox on board, so that is a big plus for me. Take care with your exposure suit too, as I have found in late summer water temperatures can vary from 27C at the surface to 19C at 40m. Winter, it's 16C all the way down! have a good trip.

The Zen is a fantastic dive, was there Thursday and viz was 3-5 m max, first time in 40 odd dives on there I have seen it this bad although we have had some rough weather of late although looks like summers here now. Water temp is 19 degrees and rising, even one guy there in a shorty.
The best diving is in the North of Cyprus as this is pretty unspoilt and there is no commercial fishing as such like in the south, also a lot of the reefs are buoyed and the few local fishermen in their tiny boats are not allowed to fish them hence plenty of life.
Another big plus here is ..no euro, not in the EU so Turkish lira and a third of the price of the South, no Mcdonalds, Pizza Hut, Marks & Sparks, sometimes its like going back in time, locals are very friendly and welcoming, crime is virtually unheard of.

Thats my bit done in promoting North Cyprus,, try it, you will be pleasently surprised.

N.S

As mentioned above, Zenobia is the best dive in the island, there are also 2 smaller wrecks - Alexandria and Cricket. Another nice dive is Tunnels and caves.

I've just finished my Rescue diver with viking-divers dot com , who I highly recommend. British instructors, very professional, and really fun to be around :)

Through experience of several summers diving with them, I highly recommend Dive-In (dive-in.com.cy). They are a 5-star and even have their own hyperbaric chamber, in Limassol. They conduct excellent dives on the Zenobia. The DM's and staff speak fluent English. If you're going to roam the island, they have 3 dive centres.

Just returned from Cyprus and dived with CrestDive (www.crestdive.com) ... can't praise them enough ... very professional yet relaxed and willing to blend their services around your requirements - just what we needed ;-)

T.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom