Getting to the Perhentians from Kota Bharu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Average

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys I'm landing in Kota Bharu at 14:40 with Firefly in September. Is anybody accustomed to the transfers to the Perhentians? What I understand: Kota Bharu - 1.5h via Land to Kuala Besut then Speedboat to Perhentians. Will I be able to do this on the same day? Until when will I be able to catch a boat to the Perhentians? Any recommendations for the whole transfer? Just pick up something when there, or organise in advance with some company?

Yes you can do it the same say. Most people take a taxi to Kuala besut jetty. I think there are some regular ferries but the resort can arrange it for you so it fits your timing better. I'll be heading there Sept 3rd so will have more info for you then :wink:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Nice, thanks alot. I'm going to Shari-La, but only was able to ever get one response from them, after that flatline. So I'll have to book a boat on the spot I guess.

Called my resort today, they said internet went down there and don't know when it'll be up. When are you heading down there?

Hey online it says you can book a ferry ticket with the boat operator by mailing them at Piboatticket@gmail.com and they can deliver it to you at the airport when you land. Maybe try that out. Let me know if you need more help

Let me know which option you used, and if you were happy how it went.

Have a nice trip soon!

I live in Singapore so I'm taking a bus from here to jertih, then taxi to the jetty. Staying at flora bay resort, so they're arranging my boat transfer. On the way back we're taking the overnight train from tanah merah back down. Will let you know how it turns out. Travelling with 3 kids so its exciting and scary at the same time!!! Haha

Back
Top Bottom