Getting the hang of using the Fuji F10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Here are five pictures from yesterday's dives. We did two dives on a wrecked ferry in Puget Sound. There was a lot of particulate in the water. I used PS3 to get rid of the back scatter as much as possible:
Wooden-Match-Nudibranch.jpg

I'm not sure what the real name is but I call these Match Stick Nudibranchs.
I_m-The-Crab.jpg

This guys macho posturing cracked me up. :D
RedGreen-Eye-Sculpin.jpg

This little fellow wanted his picture taken too... he kept getting closer while I was photographing a nudibranch.
Juvenile-Yellow-Eye-Rockfis.jpg

This is the juvenile version of a Red Snapper... aka Yellow Eyed Rockfish.
Nudibranch-hiding-under-Ane.jpg

There is a little bitty nudibranch under this anenome. They were on an encrusted cable and the current was blowing them around a bit.

Warren_L:
Nice pics UP. Did you shoot in raw mode and do post-processing in PS?
Thanks Warren (and Alcina and Lisa too.)

No... the Fuji F10 is strictly point, shoot and compress to jpeg. It has a manual setting that allows for setting the white balance but I just had it on auto. I did use PS3 to clean up the backscatter and adjust the lighting a bit.

Great shots.
I also admire you for your photography skills in cold water diving.

Nice pics you have shot. Good composition. Love the first nudi and impressed by the posture of the crab.
Is the post processing that made pictures look a bit too red or was just shot like this?

Just continue to post pics. We just like them all...

Bravo

No post processing for color other than adjusting the brightness and contrast on a couple. The redish color is pretty much WYSIWIG. The Yellow Eye juvenile is exactly that color. The redish color under the sculpin seemed to become even more red as I adjusted the contrast to eliminate the back ground and get the scuplin to stand out.

Here are three more from the same dive one without any adjustment to the light level, one with quite a bit including extensive work to get rid of a ton of backscatter and one with a little bit of spot lightening.. can you guess which ones are which?
Quillback-Rockfish-1.JPG

Quillback Rockfish

Tube-Anenome.jpg

Tube Anenome feeding in the current

Nudibranch-1.jpg

Nudibranch approximately 2" long. I don't know the name of these. BTW the first nudibranch above was one inch long.

Great shots, Pug! I really like the Tube Anemone. Looks like you and that F10 are becoming good buddies! :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom