Getting Pressure Reading on OC-1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I can't get a pressure reading with my OC-1 on my tank until I'm in the water and descending. What is going on with that? I've tried everything I can think of and until I'm down about 3 feet or so, it won't tell me how much air I have in my tank. I did buy a separate gauge to check my tank, but it seems to me that the OC-1 should be giving me that reading once I turn the tank valve on. Help?

Try cycling through your alternate displays, then back to the main dive mode display with surface interval time displayed. The OC1 stops "looking" for pressure on the surface after 10 minutes of no consumption. As it reacquires it once the dive begins, this would be my best guess.

I don't know, how do I set that? That's probably the problem since I didn't know about that feature.

To set Wet Activation to OFF:
- From WATCH mode HOLD the MODE button for MORE than 2 seconds to enter DIVE MODE
-Then, once in dive mode, PRESS the MODE button for LESS than 2 seconds to enter main menu
- PRESS the ADV button multiple times to scroll down the menu until the arrow points to SET U
- PRESS the SELECT button to enter SET U menu
- ARROW should be pointing to WET ACTIV
- PRESS the SELECT button to enter the Wet Activation menu
- PRESS the ADV button until the arrow points to OFF
- PRESS the SELECT button to confirm value
- HOLD the SELECT button until you see the main DIVE MODE screen
... now the number below GAS1 should show the gas pressure ... or blinking 000 if the OC1 can't find the transmitter.

We will have an online class for the OC-1 by the end of June.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Got it, thanks! Yes, it was set at wet activation. Also just noticed that I have a low battery.

Looking forward to the online class. I'm still struggling with the compass. I love the OC-1, but it is complicated, especially for a newbie.

Got it, thanks! Yes, it was set at wet activation. ......
If you set the OC1 to Wet Activation OFF, then MAKE SURE to switch it to Dive Mode BEFORE you enter the water. It is a good practice to ALWAYS check your dive computer when gearing up. That is why I prefer to set them to water activation OFF.

.....Looking forward to the online class. I'm still struggling with the compass. I love the OC-1, but it is complicated, especially for a newbie.
Will make our best to get the class ready in June. Meanwhile, You can practice with the OC1 using our scuba diving simulator.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom