Getting Mares Tech Cert???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stmichael

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been diving for 24 years. I recently decided to move into the realm of tech diving. After many diving many brands, I have settled on the Mares Abyss as my regs of choice. They are incredibly reliable over a spectrum of conditions.

Over the years, I have experienced any number of equipment failures and issues with many different brands of equipment. As I enter this new realm, I am concerned with the leap of faith necessary to trust my local techs to service my gear. After a recent equipment failure during a training dive (no fault of Mares products at all - a maintenance issue that should have been addressed by the person who serviced my gear) I have decided that I need to be trained in maintenence of my own kit.

My question is how can I become a certified Mares technician so that I can service my own gear? I firmly believe that I have to be self-reliant at this level.

Hi,

I can certainly appreciate why you want to be certified to service your own regulators. We do not train individual users, I understand this is not always popular, but we can only train technicians who work for an authorized dealer. We call our program the Mares Lab, it is a 3 day course and is more intensive than any other brand. I can reccomend a Mares Lab technician in your area, you could also send your regulaotrs to our service center in MD.

Regards,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom