getting in to Scottish diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstreetley

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm James and just wanted to post a quick hello and intro to the forum.

I've been a holiday diver for about 15 years on and off, amassing 80 dives over that time. A few years ago I tired to get in to UK diving, did the drysuit course and bought a suit, but didn't dive that much with it. I was a student at the time with no room to store the gear in my student house so it was all with my parents.

After my most recent dive trip last autumn, my partner and I have decided to make a concerted effort to get into the UK scene. We've joined a club and will be off to our first pool session tomorrow; me to check my gear/skills and her to have drysuit instruction.

I'm super excited and have been reading the forum for the last week or so to get in the mood, so thought I should just post and say hi. Looking forward to getting in the cold Scottish waters soon.

TL;DR - I'm James and I'm about to start diving in Scotland rather than just abroad. Hi!

Hi James,

Where about in Scotland are you. My club dive year round Loch Fyne, Long and Level to mention a few.
Hi Edward,

I'm in Edinburgh. Loch Long seems to be a regular site for the club, for training and a bit of shore diving so I'm very much hoping to be in there soon. I will look into the other sites you mentioned too. Boat dives from St Abbs, Farne Islands and Lochaline.

Maybe I'll see you around somewhere!

Hi Edward,

I'm in Edinburgh. Loch Long seems to be a regular site for the club, for training and a bit of shore diving so I'm very much hoping to be in there soon. I will look into the other sites you mentioned too. Boat dives from St Abbs, Farne Islands and Lochaline.

Maybe I'll see you around somewhere!
I run the S Scotland regional training sessions. The April one is for a Buoyancy & Trim Workshop.

It's open to any BSAC member.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom