Getting back to basics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well today was my first time back in the water since my camera flooded.

I went diving with a friend and she was using a DSLR, while I played around with my first digital UW camera, the stylus 400.

:bawling: I want my 5050 back!!! Although the stylus 400 is a great little camera above water, underwater - it just doesn't make the cut. Of the 30 some pictures I took on the first dive, two came out in the quality I am used to getting. All other pictures are just snapshots. Hazey, depth of field was lousey, back scatter, sweet spots....I don't know how I could have been happy with such a camera before...most likely because now, after having used a better camera, I expect more and see the limitations of this camera

The only positive thing I have to say is that the fish weren't running away from me quite as fast as usual because I didn't have the big *** camera with the long arms and strobe on it!

So, anybody out there wanting to buy a digital camera, be assured you get what you pay for. Don't buy the cheapo that fits your budget right now...Wait, save and spend a bit more for a camera that has the ability to take pictures in program mode as well as well as in manual mode...a camera that will grow with you, where you can add lenses and strobes as you learn. This is the best investment you can make for your UW photography.

Cough, cough... Canon A610 :) :D
I swear i'm not biased :14: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom