Geo 2 Blinking. Is it toast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had my Geo 2 for a couple of years. I've already replaced the battery once and was due for another battery change soon. During my last dive my computer read gibberish alternating between depth reading about halfway through (total of 62 minutes with max depth of 103'). A week later the screen was blank, so I changed the battery. Now it's blinking alternately between watch setting and SI interval screen. It won't stop. I can't reach any settings changes. I don't have a cable to connect it to the computer to check for a firmware update. I haven't taken it in the water since the battery change. When I opened up the computer, there was no sign of corrosion or evidence of flooding. Is my computer done? Does this sound like a motherboard issue? I'm highly doubtful that there is any warranty left. Still, only two years out of a computer seems short.

If I need to get another computer (I have a Cobra inline still that I've been using as a backup...which will now be my primary apparently) then I'm open to suggestions. I don't want fancy - utilitarian is good for me. I'm a rec diver. I use mostly air but occasionally nitrox and occasionally nitrox in a pony bottle. My aging eyes would prefer larger numbers but I'm working on getting a prescription mask that will take care of that issue.

Thanks
Kerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom