Geo 2.0 protective cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I just got certified and my first purchase was a Geo 2.0. On my very first dive, the protective cover got lost in the water, and I'm not sure why that happened. When I put it on the first day I got it, there were bubbles underneath, that I couldn't get rid of. Could that cause the cover to come off? What is the best way to get it to stay on there? It's too bad that now I have to go out and buy more covers.

Thanks,
Dave

Speaking from experience, the one that it comes with is garbage. very easy to scratch and not very clear even unscratched.

I replaced mine with a Zagg Invisible Shield. It's much better - very clear and seems at least somewhat scratch resistant. Just a warning, the one they have for a GEO does NOT fit the Geo 2.0 - it is too big - I had to trim mine down. What you'd probably want is the generic 36mm shield Generic Watch 36mm Face Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG it's cheaper than the Geo one too. They also have a 20% off coupon right now: ZAGG20

I tried to use the protective cover on my Geo 2......couldn't get the bubbles out so I threw it away. Seems pretty tough though. More than 40 dives on it and no scratches yet.

Speaking from experience, the one that it comes with is garbage. very easy to scratch and not very clear even unscratched.

I replaced mine with a Zagg Invisible Shield. It's much better - very clear and seems at least somewhat scratch resistant. Just a warning, the one they have for a GEO does NOT fit the Geo 2.0 - it is too big - I had to trim mine down. What you'd probably want is the generic 36mm shield Generic Watch 36mm Face Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG it's cheaper than the Geo one too. They also have a 20% off coupon right now: ZAGG20

Thanks for the info! Just ordered mine!!

If you work from the top to the bottem and work it slowly you can get all the bubbles out.

Same here.. Bubbles and it popped off after a few dives. Guess I'm looking for the zagg too.. Unless oceanic sends replacements

Well apparently ymmv. I got the original protective cover to fit on my geo 2 w/o any trimming. It is an exact fit however, so I had to to align the edges up perfectly. I also had to work it a few times to get rid of bubbles but so far, no problems.

ordered the generic zagg cover...my original oceanic cover came off during a dive...the 2nd one looks like it's gonna fall off sometime soon. but at least it doesn't have any bubbles :wink:

Back
Top Bottom