Genesis The Source Computer Battery Replacement...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fxrguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an old Genesis "The Source" dive computer. I know that battery kits are no available for this computer anymore but I can still take it to a LDS and they will replace the batteries and o-ring if needed. The batteries are easy enough to get (Energizer - CR2032) but if the LDS can get an o-ring I should be able to as well. So far as I can tell this must be a well kept secret though as I cannot get anyone to own up to the o-ring size. I would like to know if there are battery replacement kits available for other models that will interchange (Genesis ReSource/Sherwood Source) or at least what size is the o-ring so I can just go to Ace Hardware and buy one.

I have one of these computers. There is a guy on Ebay that sells kits (batteries, o ring & silicone) I bought a kit from him - no problems. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom