Genesis Oz regulator IP is too high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mphelps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Genesis Oz regulator connected to a Scubapro Air 2. The Air 2 recently started free flowing so I thought that was the problem and had it serviced. Get it back connect it to my reg and it still free flows. Connect it to another reg and it works fine. Had the local dive shop check the IP pressure on it and it was 210, which they said was way to high, but they don't work on this brand.
I'm in South Dakota. Where/how can I get the IP adjusted asap? Dive season is short here!

the genesis regs are a weird duck in that they are a sealed piston with the dry air demand. Unfortunately being a piston, IP is changed by being shimmed. It is unlikely that this is a stable IP of 210, and it is more likely IP creep and requires a fully rebuild since the HP seat is likely damaged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom