genesis gs2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've owned that reg for about two years now. It has served me VERY well. I've had it down to about 150 feet and it breathed great. I've also put it throw some extreme currents and never had a problem. It is also very easy to get serviced (if you don't go through LP - else you will have to send it back to them).

As far as negitives: Mine leaks water from the exhaust values from time to time. Nothing that is really a problem - just something I notice on each dive. It also does not perform that well upside down. Breathing gets more strained in more radical positions. Also, the dive/pre-dive lever on top is just dumb. Never used it and don't even know which side is which. Also, the adjustment knob is almost as worthless.

But at the end of the day, it is a VERY easy breathing regulator and has served me well. For the price range you are probably looking at, it will be hard to beat.

For me, I'm fixing to upgrade (actually fixing to post a message to get responses on another reg :). I had the oppurtunity to dive an Atomic B2 reg this last weekend. To be honest, from a breathing perspective I really did not notice a big difference. And that was at 130+ feet with a ripping current. But it felt MUCH more comfortable in my mouth and no matter what position I got in - it breathed the same. I also never got a drip of water in my mouth! But the B2 is also a $700 reg.

I point out that other reg just to give you some perspective. From a ease of breathing prespective, you will be hard pressed to find a lot of difference between most mid range ranges. My biggest suggestion is to dive one before you buy. It is a very personal choice and simple things like how the exhaust tree fits your face (bubble interferance) can make a lot of difference.

Good luck!
Michael

aquasport:
Could i get an opinion on this reg? LP has a package that has this regulator.

I would think that you would notice a difference in the Atomics to the genesis. Personally I have to problems with the genesis, but they are not really known for their regs, and not easily serviced. My opinion is that I would look for another package in that price range that is a little easier to find a service center for and and the same price range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom