GENESIS GS2000 Any Good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishinghawk

Registered
Reaction score
Can anybody give me any information on the Genesis GS200 Regulator and or the Sidekick? I'm looking at buying one and just want to make sure it's an OK regulator.

Fishinghawk:
Can anybody give me any information on the Genesis GS200 Regulator and or the Sidekick? I'm looking at buying one and just want to make sure it's an OK regulator.

The GS2000 is a pretty nice reg... but I'm personally not as big a fan of the Sidekick. The Sherwood/Genesis regs are pretty bullet proof and while not top of the line, best of the best... they are very good, dependable solid regs.

I got one. Love it! As a matter of fact, I recently upgraded to the OZ for Nitrox. The local supplier was looking to blow them out at a ridiculas price so, I got one at cost. Yes, I know it was at cost, I saw the flyer right after it was opened.

I love my LDS...........

I got one as well, nice reg. Like the way it breathes....kinda bad with the exhaled bubbles hitting the mask, but still worth every penny. Especially like the adjuster knob on the 2nd stage.

Sidekick.....nah not a big fan. If you want a small Octo go for the SKO, small low profile, non directional octo.

scubatoys:
The GS2000 is a pretty nice reg... but I'm personally not as big a fan of the Sidekick. The Sherwood/Genesis regs are pretty bullet proof and while not top of the line, best of the best... they are very good, dependable solid regs.
Hrm, is this a good time to beat you up for selling me a Sidekick for my wife :D....

Seriously, though the GS2K is a good basic reg. It has treated me well so far...

James

Thanks for the feedback guys

I have one with about 25-30 dives on it. I like it... Breathes easy and can't beat the price! I don't know about/have the sidekick.

MDColson

Fishinghawk:

Just bought a GS2000 and the Genesis Octo (dont know about the Sidekick) and I absolutely love the way it breathes. I like the simplicity and reliability of Sherwood/Genesis regs and am very happy with my setup.

iv got one two, no a bad reg at all, i have a SKO octo, like it because its smal, and non directional.....the only complaint i have is that turning my head to extremes makes it hard to breath, i know its my settings BUT IT SHOULDNT BE LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!*sarcasm*

good reg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom