Genesis Aquaflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taltoz

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Genesis Aquaflex fins? They are what was recommended to me by my LDS and appear to be the best for the money (at the shop). Thanks,

I bought the Genesis Aquflex because they had a large foot pocket (I have size 14 feet). They feel great - and I have had no trouble with them.

I have a pair of them that I retired when I bought a pair of Atomic splitfins. They work pretty good, but are boards when compared to the splits, IMO. I only use them now for snorkeling at the beach with my kids. They are a stepped down version of the Mares Quattros. If it were me, I'd spend a little more and get the Quattros if I wanted paddle fins or go with splits.

They are basically the saem design as the Mares Plana Avanti [nto the Avanti Quattro] but without the Mares buckle. These types of fins feel like more effort than some of the other designs, but I can still easily keep up with any of those I'm diving with, even in a current. I have the Plana Avantis [not made anymore - they sold the patent to Genesis] and my dive buddy has the genesis. Other than the buckle they are identical. They may not be the best fin of all time, but they are a good middle of the road fin for the price. Some of the more flexible designs feel like less effort, but I wonder what the tradeoff is in propulsion.

i just got a dui tls350se drysuit with a size 11 rockboot and my genesis aquaflex fins fit great even better than before.im very happy.

J27 -
I'm actually glad to hear that, since I think I'm making the jump over to a dry suit for next year, and was looking at the exact suit you mentioned. Have to save up some $$ though - I convinced the wife to give diving a try, so we'll be buying a complete setup for her, and a drysuit for each of us. I know it's not directly related to this thread, but how do you like the tls350se? Is the shoulder entry too much of a pain? Are the Rock boots worth it?

jo
The TLS350SE is great.The shoulder entry zipper is fine you just have a buddy zip it,no big deal.The rock boot is nice also,it makes my fins it much better,italso better when on the surface because its like wearing a boot versus a bootie.
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom