General Purpose Sidemount Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Trying to decide a best overall sidemount rig that can be used for diving open water tech, and cave with steel tanks (being able to dive with AL80s would be nice as I would like to do some dives in MX between Basic and Full). I am looking at sidemount because due to my physical limitations back mounted doubles probably isn't an option yet. Going to be diving wet for the time being (when I can go dry back mounted doubles could probably be an option), so a dual bladder option likely is a must.

Right now I am looking at the Dive Rite Nomad XT, and the xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec RB. My instructor seems pretty brand agnostic, and I am not really attached to either brand.

xDeep Stealth Tec RB if you’re planning on diving heavy steels in a wetsuit. It will do 80’s just as easily.

Personally I’d just dive a drysuit and skip the redundant bladder.

Skip the dual bladder, go straight to a drysuit.

Personally I actually like the sms 75, but I am using it with a CCR. The xdeep is fine as well.
I would avoid the nomad.

Personally I’d just dive a drysuit and skip the redundant bladder.

Skip the dual bladder, go straight to a drysuit.

If it didn't require $3k+ for another prosthetic on top of the cost of the suit I would, but that is probably a couple of years away.

Look at this beauty
It will carry all the tanks you own and the tanks others own too

full.jpg

OxyCheq RECON 1 Sidemount Extreme Series

and the price $299.00 US

Well I just have to sit down and take a deep deep breath

Look at this beauty
It will carry all the tanks you own and the tanks others own too

View attachment 512172
OxyCheq RECON 1 Sidemount Extreme Series

and the price $299.00 US

Well I just have to sit down and take a deep deep breath

When Hollis first released the SMS Jeff Loflin was heavily involved in the design and they essentially copied the Recon. This is also about the same time the infamous Padi / SMS 100 al 80 pics came out.

I only know what I have, the dual bladder Dive Right. It's kinda busy on the front maybe. I did my Tec50 in it without any issues. I did dive with my LP85's a few times and felt great, extra gas was nice. All S Florida diving in 3mil or board shorts :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom