General living costs in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon Brad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I am considering doing my PADI IDC and an Instructor internship towards the end of this year.

I have a short list made, and a couple places in Indonesia are on it.

Could anyone give me the costs of rent, food, drink, transportation and other necessities please?

Cheers
JB

Saying Indonesia is like asking the cost of living in Canada. There is rent in Vancouver, and rent Sudbury....

That being said, if I were young and going to do my IDC in Indonesia, I would no doubt about it go with Gili Air. Far cheaper than Bali, no cars or motorbikes, no long bus and boat rides to dive sites (assuming you are thinking of training in Sanur), lots of like minded people, many tourists taking courses, warm and calm water, enough of a party to be fun but for sure not over the line...the list goes on and on. Gili T. is way too much of a sh-t show and you can still go over there to party hard if that is your thing. Obviously the diving is better out of Lebuan Bajo, but one's IDC has very little to do with going out on fantastic dives, Head to Komodo when you finish to celebrate.

I would also go to the Gili Islands , where you will get loads of experience teaching masses of people and live on a beautiful island. My hubby and I love Gili Air and have dived with Manta Dive many times.

You might get more information on costs like this by DMs in a few of the dive shops on Facebook or similar . Most of us on this board are experienced divers , and while I am not saying that we are older than you, we just have had a lot of birthdays and don’t travel this way anymore. I know that food is very very cheap , there is a night market on Gili Air and everywhere has local rooms to rent.

Good luck whatever you do and enjoy this experience x

I would also go to the Gili Islands , where you will get loads of experience teaching masses of people and live on a beautiful island. My hubby and I love Gili Air and have dived with Manta Dive many times.

You might get more information on costs like this by DMs in a few of the dive shops on Facebook or similar . Most of us on this board are experienced divers , and while I am not saying that we are older than you, we just have had a lot of birthdays and don’t travel this way anymore. I know that food is very very cheap , there is a night market on Gili Air and everywhere has local rooms to rent.

Good luck whatever you do and enjoy this experience x

Thank you! The Gili islands are at the top of my list right now along with Utila in Honduras.

Cheers
Jon B

Amed area :
3/4.000.000 idr a month for accomodation
6/700.000 idr a month for motobike renting.
Food from 10.000 to 50.000
etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom