Suggestion General Apology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
CDFDiveMaster

CDFDiveMaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear SB Members, Staff and Users,

I want to express my apology for causing some of you to become irate and upset regarding my request to have a Title for Christian Divers. I have examined my request suggestion and found that SB is definately not the place to discuss Divers being christians or diving with christian divers however, I am an american "proud" served my country, fought for my country and have put my life on the line for those of you who have never served but use and take hold of the blanket of freedom that has been so graciously given to you by those of us that have sacrificed ourselves. My point: Freedom of Speech, Right To Bear Arms, and best of all Freedom of Religion. Thank you to SB for providing this site where we can come together and express "diving", which may include on ocassion our religious prefrence and how we apply it to "diving". Again my apologies to those I may have offended, forgive me, as it was not my intention to do such.

Sincerely,
Jay A. Canals
Christian Divers Fellowship, Pastor.

Whats there to apologise for?

On a board like this, as in life, there will always be people who will disagree with your views. So be it. You can't please everyone all the time. So just be yourself and ignore the criticism.

Personally I enjoy offending people - its a sign that I'm living my life as I see fit and not as others dictate.

Cheers,
Rohan.

"I have examined my request suggestion and found that SB is definately not the place to discuss Divers being christians or diving with christian divers"

Why not? If it has to do with scuba, I think it belongs here, right?

I do not see why you should apologise.

You made a suggestion and the powers that be do not agree.

What's to apologise for?

I agree, apologies aren't necessary. Christians are soft targets and will always have to take some shots. So be it, but don't apologize for it.

I appreciate your service to our country. Head up and chest out - I think you will find you have more support than you think when the rubber meets the road!

Randy

Is there something I dont know about that prohibits discussion on religion, or religious-based discussion between those of similar faiths? I don't get what the problem is.

CDFDiveMaster:
causing some of you to become irate and upset
I just re-read the thread you’re talking about, and did not see anyone who appeared either irate or upset. I simply saw folks who politely (and in at least one case humorously) disagreed with your suggestion for a separate religious forum.

No apology servings needed for me, either.
If someone out there needs more, they can have mine....

Speak on, Jay. You shall know people in part by what they reveal to be their hot buttons, and the reactions they either cannot, or choose not to, control.

It's a big world, and a big country.
Compassion and honesty (together) are always good.

OK, SB'ers, Thank you for your "support", I think we have all expressed enough on this matter. Let's mount up and go diving.

Jay

As several users have already stated, there is no need to apologize for making a suggestion... that is afterall why we have this forum. Some suggestions become part of the board, others do not.

As far as religion on the board, we feel that this site is about diving and the diving community, not about dividing ourselves based on groupings like religion. Clearly many of our members (including moderators and administrators) are religious and that's fine! However, this isn't the place for discussing religious issues, just as it isn't the place for discussing political issues, it's for diving. If there is a topic that relates to diving and includes religion there are a whole host of forums it could go in but at this time we do not feel a special forum is warranted for this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom