Gear Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbzep

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on how you store your gear both in your response vehicles/trailers, and in your stations. Our instructor suggested to look into keeping our BCD/tank/reg pre-assembled to save time. If you have yours set up this way, I'd love to see how you mount it in your vehicles for easy access. He also mentioned having three "go-kits" (primary, safety, 90%) to hold comm gear, rope, masks if shared, etc. Pics would be great, but I'll take info in any form I can get.

Why didn't one of you 50 folks that viewed this thread tell me to look up and see the sticky?:facepalm:

Look up and see the sticky :D We have a few different setups. Our county dive team has a small cargo truck that has shelves with everything pre-assembled ready to go. Our fire department has 2 quick rigs fully assembled in bags ready to go with more gear in our gear room. Will try and post a few pictures by tomorrow of our setup at the fire department.

Look up and see the sticky :D We have a few different setups. Our county dive team has a small cargo truck that has shelves with everything pre-assembled ready to go. Our fire department has 2 quick rigs fully assembled in bags ready to go with more gear in our gear room. Will try and post a few pictures by tomorrow of our setup at the fire department.
Thanks!

Our bays aren't air conditioned so drysuits will be exposed to 100+ degree heat in the summer. I've been reading that heat will break down the rubber (White's/Aqualung Hazmat). For Southern stations that don't have cooled bays, do you still keep your drysuits in your vehicles and trailers, or do you store them in controlled climate and grab them when needed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom