Gear list for your thoughts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lifter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I’m a new diver looking to get some gear. I put together a list and wanted to hear your thoughts and any recommendations you may have. I will mostly be diving SOCal sites . Thanks in advance.

Gear List:
Mares Pure SLS BCD
Zeagle F8 regulator
Zeagle F8 Octo

Im not a fan of integrated weight systems, I've found too many of those scattered on the ocean floor.

If you can try going with a BP/W set up rather than a Jacket-style

I dive the f7 flathead and really enjoy it it breaks well in cold water and has not let me down. Also skip bcd jacket go with backplate and wing. What I did for my first bcd. Glade I did. Happy diving.

I dive the f7 flathead and really enjoy it it breaths well in cold water and has not let me down. Also skip bcd jacket go with backplate and wing. What I did for my first bcd. Glade I did. Happy diving.

I dive the f7 flathead and really enjoy it it breaks well in cold water and has not let me down. Also skip bcd jacket go with backplate and wing. What I did for my first bcd. Glade I did. Happy diving.
Thanks Fyffer, what BP/W would you recommend?

depends on how much weight you need. i find any more than 12 pounds on a belt undesirable so I use a weighted sta and cam band pockets. you can also do that diy thing somebody posted the other day with webbing on the plate. the integrated weight pockets added to the harness are not the only option to get away from having a bunch of weight on your belt.

I dive a 3mm full suit to a 7 mm full suit with a 5/3 mm hooded vest, between 8 and 20 pounds of weight. I do this all with my Scubapro Knighthawk that has integrated weight pockets and trim pockets. I'll match my buoyancy and trim with most on this board. It's really not that difficult. Find what's best for you.

Back
Top Bottom