Gear find opinions/tips/identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last reg with the yellow hose protectors looks like a USD Cousteau or SEA (same reg and I am pretty sure Seaquest also sold it). It's basically a AL/USD Legend in a different skin. A couple of the LP ports are the larger 1/2 versions so you will need an adapter to use them with standard LP hose (or use the other 3/8 ports). While a heavy reg, it's also a good one based on the Conshelf design. The internal parts are common to all USD/AL diaphragm regs so parts are easy to get even if official service kits are not available.

Yeah I noticed about the mk15. If anyone DOES have the kit, they are selling for $50+ it looks like. Is there a reason they are so hard to find for that model?

The MK15 is a bit of an oddball in the SP lineup, it was a transitional reg between the MK10 and MK20. I personally like the MK15; I have a few service kits but I can't sell them, because I have a pair of MK15s I use regularly. I would be fine with trading you a fully serviced MK10 for your MK15 if you would be interested. I would also be interested in the DIN retainer that's on your MK10 and would gladly trade you a MK10 yoke kit for it.

The pink SP reg is a G200B, which I think is a fine 2nd stage. I have a few service parts for that (they are easy to find) and could help you get that serviced as part of the MK15 swap. Send me a PM if you want to talk about it.

The D400 is an excellent 2nd stage, IMO the best of the bunch that you have. They are wonderful breathers and I find them easy to service, although a bit unconventional.

I have that Phoenix dive computer still works after all these years. they eat batteries like crazy but they are simple to use and easy to read

I have that Phoenix dive computer still works after all these years. they eat batteries like crazy but they are simple to use and easy to read
Good to know. When I took it out of the case, the back came off. I don't know if that is going to be a problem with water intrusion, but behind the back, all the internal components are covered in a thick gel substance. I'm hoping it will still work. It did power up when connected to a tank

You did amazingly well with your purchase. It is going to cost a bit to service and get it diving, but that is okay. Some of it may be difficult to get done with "mainstream" shops, but there are ways to get most of it going.

FWIW - I dove MK-10's without the environmental sealing for a very long time in the cold of the Great Lakes, so I wouldn't necessarily sweat that.

Again, a good haul of stuff!

The MK-20 may be subject to a recall/upgrade that replaces the component that seals the regulator to the tank. I have had ScubaPro authorized shops do the warranty replacement for free even when I was not the original owner. If it was in for that, servicing it would be a good thing to have them do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom