Gear compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IntotheAbyss

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just purchased an aqualung abs octo and a legend reg. However before I hooked them up I realized something; the abs octo says not to use it with the legend 1st stage due to the setup. This leads me to my question has anyone else had this problem before? Is this really even an issue? The warning says it "could" cause air leaks at depth.

Oh, the spg hooks up to the high pressure and the octo to a normal pressure hookup? I know this is a stupid question so please don't make too much fun of me.

I just purchased an aqualung abs octo and a legend reg. However before I hooked them up I realized something; the abs octo says not to use it with the legend 1st stage due to the setup. This leads me to my question has anyone else had this problem before? Is this really even an issue? The warning says it "could" cause air leaks at depth.

Oh, the spg hooks up to the high pressure and the octo to a normal pressure hookup? I know this is a stupid question so please don't make too much fun of me.

You should get the version that is compatible with the Legend first stage.

The LP ports have a different size thread from the HP ports therefore you should not be able to incorrectly install the hoses. This "idiot" proof design feature is standard for the last dozen or so years--HOWEVER---in the past, both HP and LP had the same thread size and therefore it is possible to install the wrong thing in the wrong hole but not if you have all brand new equipment--which obviously you do.:eyebrow:

The hoses need to be turned in finger tight and then snugged about 1/8 of a turn---do not smoke them in there or you will be a sad little diver boy.:no

N

I and my girlfriend have dove Aqualung Legends with ABS octos for hundreds of dives with NO problem. HOWEVER! I recently took all our regs in for annual service and had a lot of problems getting all the regs tuned correctly. Despite incompetence on the part of the dive shop I had to take them to, I contacted Aqualung directly, and they were surprised that I had not had a problem with the combination. After the incorrect tuning I DID have leaks at depth. Since then, my girlfriend is using a corrected legend/abs set up, but I am using Atomic M1's. She is going to put the "extra" legend on as her octo. I would suggest just getting the legend octo and be done with it...

spencer

You have the spg and octo correct.

Most regs (the key being most) use the same pressure intermediate pressure, but obviously your two second stages must use slightly different ones... hopefully someone that know the specifications will post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom