Gear bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is there somewhere where gear bags are compared?

I tried Rodale's but didn't find anything interesting.

I want to change my big Moby Cressi bag (bought two and a half years ago, found a buyer already) for a wheeled + handle one.

Aqualung Traveller 1500 would seem to be a good choice, but before investing my hard-earned money, I'd like to get some statistics.

Any opinions?

A couple we dove with from CA had a pretty nice Akona bag that was wheeled and had tons of compartments.

Looked pretty nice...

Try the latest Rodale's. They just reviewed wheeled gear bags. It probably won't make it to their website for a few months, so go buy it at the newstand.

I like Akona bags, Armor and Stahl Sack.

Scott

Have you thought about a regular piece of luggage? Although I never had a dive bag stolen, the locks were frequently ruined (from being twisted and pried on to get the off) when going anywhere by air. I got a cheap set of luggage, hard sides with soft tops/bottoms and wheels, and haven't had a problem since. My full set of gear fits in the smaller bag with plenty of room for clothes. I use a mesh bag with large side zipper for taking my gear on a boat.

For local diving I use a big Rubbermaid tub.

I have the new 2002 Akona Roller backpack. Fits all my gear just fine and I like it. Pain around $180ish. Came with a padded reg bag and a security sleave that goes over top of the bag. Oh yeah and a water bottle!!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom