G'Day from ex Shire now Melbournite.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farkurnell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How goes it people..
Well time to get wet again.. Haven't dived since 96 when I took a career change from Truck driver to IT Nerd...

1999 was in a hit n run, coma, compound fractures, shattered this broken that, 12mths recovery, and lost partial use of left arm, and right leg so getting wet will be easy, I'll just fall over and Im wet.. Getting a wetsuit on maybe a bit of a challenge with my rooted foot, but we shall see.

Between the accident and now, got married, fired out a few kids, moved to Melbourne, got divorced, bought a cat, house, got into 4wding and camping.

Did my dive course with Dave 'My Speedos are too small' Ireland in Cronulla, dived around the shire, down the south coast, then did a dive holiday to Uepi, which was heaven... The drift dives, walls and wild life were amazing.

Anyway lets see what happens, dive medical booked in for Tuesday.

Welcome to SB :clapping My first dive off course was Inscription Point. Still one of my favourite dives.

Melbourne has some of the best pier dives anywhere. Their Weedies seemed to me to be a bit darker in colour and the Nudies are amazing. Funny.... when my Melbourne friends dived here they got so excited about Cuttles and Blue Groupers. When we were diving there they were amazed how fascinated we were with their pufferfish and wide variety of leatherjackets.

Anyway enjoy the board and the diving in Melbourne. I have been thinking we need to get to get over there soon.

Welcome to SB :clapping My first dive off course was Inscription Point. Still one of my favourite dives.

Melbourne has some of the best pier dives anywhere. Their Weedies seemed to me to be a bit darker in colour and the Nudies are amazing. Funny.... when my Melbourne friends dived here they got so excited about Cuttles and Blue Groupers. When we were diving there they were amazed how fascinated we were with their pufferfish and wide variety of leatherjackets.

Anyway enjoy the board and the diving in Melbourne. I have been thinking we need to get to get over there soon.
Thanks, was wondering if my post was invisible :)

yea, lived out Kurnell for ~30 odd years before I scuba out there... even involved in a few rescues of divers and boats while in the RFS out there... :)

Snorkelled for decades down the oysters, up the park, the wharf out the harbour etc...

Looking forward to getting wet down here soon.. :) while its hot.
Sold my Nikonos years ago sadly, and camera gear seems to be pretty $ these days, but all in good time... walk before running.

Hey the point and shoot digitals are actually pretty good and quite affordable... well kinda

Hey the point and shoot digitals are actually pretty good and quite affordable... well kinda

yea, looking at some of the used housings for P&S it aint bad.. if I can find an Olympus C5050 I'm laughing ... theres a housing at Local Crime Converters for $25!

I've got a canon S95 with housing that can take better pics than I know how to get out of it :) I picked up a Iklite housing for it on one of my North American trips so I could use a macro lense. Then I got a cheap S95 off ebay so now I have a redundant system for dive trips just in case:)

Welcome to Scubaboard!

Ray

I've got a canon S95 with housing that can take better pics than I know how to get out of it :) I picked up a Iklite housing for it on one of my North American trips so I could use a macro lense. Then I got a cheap S95 off ebay so now I have a redundant system for dive trips just in case:)
Nice... Well I got me an Olympus C770 sittin in the other room, so saw a housing for sale for $25 -nabbed it.
But
... before I did that I bought the housing for the C5050 after a few drinkies on a Saturday night.... I had 2 windows open in IE and bought the wrong one. :( So I have 2 housings now.. lol..

Now to find a working C5050..
http://www.birdmansworld.com/housing/pt.015.1.jpg

I just need to find out what the white thingy is off where the flash would be.. other end is another white plastic thing with Velcro on it. Anyone got any hints?
http://www.birdmansworld.com/housing/pt.022.1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom