G'day All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTub

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
G'day all
I am a PADI MSDT in Sydney Australia, please feel free to ask me any questions regarding Diving in Australia and the South Pacific Islands around Australia.

Cheers
Chriso

Hi there fellow sydneysider,
welcome to the board. i am sure you will have a great time here.
where/when/how often/with whom do you dive in sydney?
i am doing the shark dive off maroubra this saturday. hope fully the sharkies will keep me warm...... brrrr waters cold now!
cheers,
James

Hi James thanks for the reply
Where ? In the water usually most of the time on Sydneys Nth Shore.

When ? On weekends I work full time in town during the week.

How often ? Every Weekend.

With whom do you dive in sydney ? When I am not teaching privatley, I usually through Frog Dive Willoughby and Atlantis Divers down at Palm Beach.

What about yourself ?

Guess it's winter down there now. Are dry suits needed where u r now, or just a thick wetsuit?

Originally posted by art.chick
Guess it's winter down there now. Are dry suits needed where u r now, or just a thick wetsuit?

HI Art Chick Depends where you are Diving on the on the Eastern Side of Australia down south Dry Suits or 7mm, here in Sydney 7mm or a Semi Dry, up North on the GBR in Cairns you can still dive in a shorty.

SD - i DM for a shop in Roseville sometimes. just freelancing really. they have their own upcoming DMs but sometimes need me. which is great cos i get to dive frequently. i would however like to get more dives in.
frog dive - my friend worked there for a couple months earlier this year, Dave a pommie. i also dived with them once but since i get free dives with the other shop i go with them. i am waiting for my tax-return so i can but new reg and BC, so may go to frog for some work. the reason is because i would like to look further into tech diving (maybe do a nitrox course) and the guys at frog are so experienced.
if u need a DM to help u ever and cant find anyone, then give me shout. always keen.
booga_roo - mate, i dive in that water!!! not cricket!
art-chick - last weekend the water got to 15 degrees C. cold enough for me. i got a 5+5 semi-dry(wet) and feel chilly after 35mins. good vis though!

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom