Gcds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotcha! Is there any other place to find info where the "happenin'" stuff is?

Looks like your headed to SpringFest, that's a good start. There USED to be a fair bit of traffic here Deep Dixie Divers but things have slowed down with the economy.

Luckily, dive classes have been packed recently, so you should see a fair bit of dive reports once the water in the Gulf warms up a few more degrees (May is usually when things start hopping).

-h

I'm kinda wondering if there should be a website or something (unless it already exists and I just don't know about it) that is specific to diving the Gulf Coast!

Yeah, some folks will post on the GCD site. Good folks there, also have a "buddy board" in the shop where you can get contact info. I just put mine up there today actually when i went to pick up something from the shop. I had thought about creating a facebook page dedicated to GC Dive Society for everyone to have a place to go and put trips and stuff like that up there and link it to the GCD site, but hadn't because #1 I'm fairly new to diving and all this didn't want to step on any toes :) and #2 I wasn't sure anyone would use it.

Hey guys. I am just getting back into diving myself, and would LOVE for a board or site to go to for Gulf Coasters. I really want to meet divers down here to buddy up with. I'd like to do some shore and boat diving with people outside of the dive shops which get expensive. All of the dive clubs in New Orleans seem to be around speasrfishing. Wich I am not quite ready for yet.

I'm in Metairie but would happily drive all over the gulf coast. I see the Spring Fest info, but am in an industry seminar here in New Orleans next week.

Anyway, hope to see ya'll around.
Michelle G

I'm going to have some free time between leaving this job next week and starting school at end of May, I will see about creating a facebook page for divers on Gulf Coast to post trips and things like that if some folks think it might be useful.

That would be great, Sean. If you have the time. There is someone diving somewhere almost every day, but we have gotten so busy that it is hard to post upcoming dives. Get with me at your convenience and we can talk about this.

Will do man, I need to bring my tanks into the shop this week and get em topped off and ready for next time, probably tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom