Gauges all over the place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was putting together the rEvo to get back in the water. I had just redone the bailouts and pulled the button gauges and put the real gauges back on. Bailout read 2850 PSI, thought it would be worth it to bump it back up to full. Off to the booster. Start the math on filling it, put the DGX tank pressure checker on it, reads 3050. And the rabbit hole opened up.

Next thing I knew I was putting every pressure gauge I owned on this tank to try and figure it out.
2850 PSI - Hollis #1
3050 PSI - DGX pressure checker
2900 PSI - generic O2 high pressure gauge I put on quick connects so I can watch supply bottle pressure as I boost.
2825 PSI - Dwyer digital built into the booster
3050 PSI - Hollis #2 from the out bail out
199 BAR / 2884 PSI from the Shearwater transmitter on the rebreather
201 BAR, just past the 200 mark (converted to 2915 PSI with math) on the original DIL gauge from the rebreather
199 BAR, just under the 200 mark (converted to 2886 PSI with math) on the original O2 gauge from the rebreather
2825 PSI - Hollis #1 again after doing all those checks.

This probably explains why I have been struggling to get the mixes to dial in. Do the math based on starting with one gauge and filling to target pressures with a different gauge.
In the end I still don't know what I have. Something in the mid to high 2800 range would be my guess based what I am seeing. Without a standard to check the gauges against it is down to what gauges do I trust more, what numbers come up more often? The 3050s look like outlyers.
The 2 digital gauges only have a 59 PSI spread.

Left scratching my head on what is good and what needs to go away. Probably going to get some new gauges for Christmas from what I am seeing.
Now I'm interested to see how far off my digital gauges are. I only use digital gauges for mixing and get pretty close, but I'm sure they're different after seeing this.

Typical pedantic amateur.
Typical troll rhetoric.

Some trolls are amusing... you Sir aren't even that level of troll... the fact that you try so hard to be a troll and fail miserably is kind of amusing. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom