Gauge consoles -Is Nitrox compatibility an issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cklosson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be buying a 2 gauge console w/ compass, a Cressi mini 3 gauge console. Because I already have a wrist computer, a Cressi Leonardo, i am not thinking of an air integrated computer. In looking for a site to purchase, I see Scuba.com advertizes gauges being recreational Nitrox compatible. Leisure Pro doesn't mention that at all. Knowing I want the option of using Nitrox or air, I want to buy a gauge console that can be used with either, as can my wrist computer.

My question is do I need to be concerned about an analog gauge being able to handle nitrox mix or do they all?

No worries.
Everything manufactured these days has Viton internal O rings.
They are all good, and ready for Nitrox.

Chug
Leaky SPG O ring replacement expert.

No need to worry about servicing in between?
I have a live-a-board trip planned for Bahamas in June, and planning on getting nitrox certified. But, I also plan to use air. No worries?

No need to worry about servicing in between?
I have a live-a-board trip planned for Bahamas in June, and planning on getting nitrox certified. But, I also plan to use air. No worries?

Bar changing the spool and or O ring there is not much else that can be done. If you were worried you could get it looked at before your trip but unless the O ring fails or you are doing a significant number of dives between now and then you'll likely be fine. I would however carry a spare spool on your trip, I have had them fail on trips before, well one trip. I always carry spares.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom