gauge console attachment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joel_e

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I am looking for a good way to attach my gauge console to my BCD. I don't want it to hang down too much but still have enough length to pull it up and swivel it so I can use the compass on the back. How do you guys do it?

Three ways that I've used:

First, I've used a retractor clip on my console and attached it to my right chest D-ring. It's tucked in nice and tight until I need it.

I haven't used a console in a while but I have my SPG tied to a gate clip with cave line. This is attached to my left hip D-ring. This is option two and my favorite. Depending on the size of your console, this might get in the way. If it's a smaller console it may work.

Then, when I use shop rentals they provide us with double hose clips. I could never get them to stay in, and when I wanted to look, I couldn't get them back in. They look like this... not recommended.
AQUEHH.jpg

PM sent

Another option is to ditch the bulky console altogether. Assuming you can pop out your computer and compass, put them on your wrist using a bungeed boot or strap. Then just replace the console with an SPG and clip it to your left side. Much more streamlined and better access to your info, might cost a bit but not that much...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom