gas matching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Im helping a buddy who is writing a wreck diving manual and looking for some sort of pictorial example of the best way to show how gas matching works rather than just looking at calculations.
any body got anything they are willing to share?

Maybe something like this where you illustrate equal amounts of gas in different size / pressure cylinders? You still would need to include the math, but might help get the point across?

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_100740.jpg
    IMG_20200429_100740.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 131
@KWS calculating turn pressures etc using unequal pressures or volumes of gas between divers to ensure adequate reserves are met- in particular cave diving

Maybe something like this where you illustrate equal amounts of gas in different size / pressure cylinders? You still would need to include the math, but might help get the point across?
yes going down that track ill pm you

Something like this? I just made it, so excuse any typos.

Attachments

• Gas Matching.pdf
    117 KB · Views: 132
Something like this? I just made it, so excuse any typos.
Great stuff ive done a similar style showing emptying bottles

Attachments

• GAS MATCHING 2.pdf
    146.9 KB · Views: 112

Wow that is nice, much better than mine. Nice work! It's funny, I was teaching a class yesterday on U-352 (best weather I've ever seen, "Lake Atlantic" + 80+ foot vis). We both dove LP85 twinsets. MUCH easier to do gas matching calculations LOL.......

One key difference between yours and the previous one is: in the dissimilar tanks and the dissimilar pressures, you show the blocks as being the same size. Yeah, I know the numbers are different. But it seems to me it would benefit from making the blocks different size.

In the case of dissimilar pressures, there could be some white space at the top, symbolizing the “partially filled” lower pressure. In the case of dissimilar tanks, one tank could be longer (or maybe better, wider: the difference between 85 and 104s) than the other, and the blocks would therefore be a different size. That makes it much easier to see that this block does not cover that block.

Do with that thought what you will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom