Garmin Transmitter Air Spool - O-Ring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Garmin looks to use a non-standard spool with the Transmitter. The air spool is thicker on the transmitter side than a standard HP Spool. I see that the flow restrictor and air spool are available from Dive Gear Express, but what I am in need of is the o-ring size for the flow restrictor and the large side of the air spool.

Does anybody know what size these o-rings are?

Damn search does it again! Thank you for making the effort that I should have.

Good information, but no information with regards to a standard, easy to order, o-ring size.

I guess the best estimate will be $13.33 an o-ring. :)

Once you use the 2 o-rings from the flow restrictor, you order the Garmin kit for $40. That get's you a new spool (and o-ring) with another flow restrictor which is the source for 2 more o-rings.

A shame that Garmin felt the need to use a non-standard size for the HP spool...maybe that large size on the transmitter was needed to incorporate some flow restriction functionality??

Good information, but no information with regards to a standard, easy to order, o-ring size.

I guess the best estimate will be $13.33 an o-ring. :)

Once you use the 2 o-rings from the flow restrictor, you order the Garmin kit for $40. That get's you a new spool (and o-ring) with another flow restrictor which is the source for 2 more o-rings.

A shame that Garmin felt the need to use a non-standard size for the HP spool...maybe that large size on the transmitter was needed to incorporate some flow restriction functionality??
www.oringsandmore.com/amp/fkm-o-ring-1-5-x-1-5mm-minimum-10-pcs/

Not positive so feel free to do your own searches, but I think the above are what you want?

www.oringsandmore.com/amp/fkm-o-ring-1-5-x-1-5mm-minimum-10-pcs/

Not positive so feel free to do your own searches, but I think the above are what you want?
$7.20 to find out. I have spent more for less... :) Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom