Garelick ladder bracket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greendiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at adding a ladder that is better suited to diving than the OE swim ladder and really like the looks of the Garelick sport diver ladder. My platform would require a top mount bracket and although it is a wider deck, it would be similar to Nemrod's on his Whaler here....
DSCF0019.jpg

What I come up with is this, but surely not for that cost. There HAS to be another reasonable way! (Yeah BOAT=Bust Out Another Thousand but ??)
Platform Ladder Mounting Bracket - Garelick 99187 - iboats.com

Thanks All!

Go to a metal fabrication shop and show them the picture and tell them you want a piece of 3" wide 3/8" thick 316 stainless steel bent as in the picture. Bring the latter mounting bracket so they can drill the holes for it. The holes for mounting on the swim platform can be positioned as needed. If you have the capability to drill the holes yourself it will save you some dough. It may not be as shiney and pretty but a whole lot cheaper.

Those have gone up considerably since I bought ours.

But, usually, for me, dealing with machine shops and welding shops and them spitting tobacco juice and scratching their rears and complaining they don't have time but they don't have any work but they cannot do what I ask, I just pay the money and buy one pre-made.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom