Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Garden Island Resort - Fiji
2021 - 2022 Special

Fiji is Reopening for International Travelers..!

1635095168217.jpeg
1635095193139.jpeg

We have two packages:
7 Nights / 5 Dive Day $1541 USD PPDO
10 Nights / 7 Dive Days $1848 USD PPDO

Must book by June 30, 2022 for travel valid through December 31, 2022.

Packages include:
  • Round trip airport transfers to/from Matei Airport
  • Oceanview Suite accommodations
  • Meal Plan with Breakfast, 2-course Lunch, 3-course Dinner
  • 2-Tank boat dives, unlimited shore dives during shop hours
  • Add Nitrox - $168 for 10 tanks
  • Non-diver discount - $500 off 7 night package, $650 off 10 night package
  • Free room upgrade to Oceanfront Suite if available
1635095772709.jpeg
1635095797697.jpeg

Garden Island Resort - Fiji
2021 - 2022 Special

Fiji is Reopening for International Travelers..!

View attachment 688112 View attachment 688113

We have two packages:
7 Nights / 5 Dive Day $1541 USD PPDO
10 Nights / 7 Dive Days $1848 USD PPDO

Must book by June 30, 2022 for travel valid through December 31, 2022.

Packages include:
  • Round trip airport transfers to/from Matei Airport
  • Oceanview Suite accommodations
  • Meal Plan with Breakfast, 2-course Lunch, 3-course Dinner
  • 2-Tank boat dives, unlimited shore dives during shop hours
  • Add Nitrox - $168 for 10 tanks
  • Non-diver discount - $500 off 7 night package, $650 off 10 night package
  • Free room upgrade to Oceanfront Suite if available
Do they offer more than 2 boat dives per day and is there a weight limit on the flight over to the island? Thank you

Afternoon and night dives can be scheduled at the resort. Afternoon dives require a minimum of 4 divers. Shore dives are also available at no cost (unless nitrox).

For flights, international flights have checked bag limits of 66 pounds. For the domestic flights (Nadi to Taveuni) there is a checked bag limit of 33 pounds. Overweight is charged at $8 / kg. Fiji Airways used to have a deal for overweight and oversized bags like dive gear where you paid a flat rate of $150 at the counter when you checked in. I will have to ask but it may be possible that if you fly Fiji Airways international and on the domestic flight, they might not charge the overweight fee. I will ask.

Afternoon and night dives can be scheduled at the resort. Afternoon dives require a minimum of 4 divers. Shore dives are also available at no cost (unless nitrox).

For flights, international flights have checked bag limits of 66 pounds. For the domestic flights (Nadi to Taveuni) there is a checked bag limit of 33 pounds. Overweight is charged at $8 / kg. Fiji Airways used to have a deal for overweight and oversized bags like dive gear where you paid a flat rate of $150 at the counter when you checked in. I will have to ask but it may be possible that if you fly Fiji Airways international and on the domestic flight, they might not charge the overweight fee. I will ask.
Thanks again

This is great news!
I am with the Tulsa group that has been rescheduled 4 times. I am VERY excited to be back at Garden Island.
See you in May!

Aquabluegreg, what did you find out about this?
I was on their website last nite trying to figure that out. They allow 66lbs from LAX to Fiji, but then only allow 33lbs from Nadi or Suva to Taveuni. It was $8 (I'm guessing FJI) for every 2.2 lbs from Nadi, or $6 from Suva.
This will be our first trip not in the Caribbean and we're using AA miles from Tulsa to Fiji, seems Fiji Airline is a partner and we can use our miles if we use them from LAX to Tuveuni? But get an error message when I add Tuveuni instead of making Nadi or Suva the final destination. Some new things to learn, will probably need to call AA when we figure out our exact dates.

Back
Top Bottom