Gangga Island Resort, North Sulawesi, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was there in June/July 2003. Had a great time.

Rooms are clean and luxurious. Has a brackish water pool. Food is fresh and delicious.

The dive center is large and well organized.

The Bangka sites are rich with color and coral. No crowd. Each site has its unique terrain which encourages concentrations of different critters.

If you want the pelagics, you have to dive the powerful tidal flow sites. It is quite an experience to have the reg free flow from the water pressure. Then the mask flutters when you turn your head. BUT then the big jacks, sharks, barracudas, napoleon... seem to handle it effortlessly. You cannot swim against these 4 or 5 knot flows, no choice but to hook on and enjoy the action.

From Bangka you still have access to Bunaken and Lembeh since it is right in the middle. It seems to have characteristics of both dive locations.

divepiggy:
Anyone been to this resort? Any comment?

I was there last fall and really liked it. I first spent some time diving Lembeh and then went to Gangga. The two are a good combination. I kept reading how people who dove Bunaken paid extra for a day trip to dive Bangka, and really recommended that others do the same, so I decided to find a place closer to Bangka.
I have a trip report posted about the Gangga Island Resort at the link below. It's under Indonesian trip reports and is called Gangga Island, Where the Mediterranean Meets Indonesia.

http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=all&ct=i&c=Indonesia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom