Galileo Sol Warranty **BEWARE**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It worked fine, then just stopped working, would sync on dry land but lose the signal every time I went under. I even went so far as too swim with my computer hand holding onto the sending unit behind my head for a complete 5 minutes to no avail.

I would definitely change the Tx battery before sending the unit off. It shouldn't need a new battery at such a young age, but it shouldn't be broken either! May as well try the cheap fix first.

Yeah, more than likely it is either a low battery on the transmitter or a defunct transmitter. It is rare that it is the receiver but Scubapro gets to decide that.

Did you send them both the TX and the Sol?

Who knows how long the Sol was at the shop you purchased it from, it could be just a case of a real old battery.

I'm a little confused about Scubapro refusing to honor their warranty in the U.S. because the product was bought oversees, even though it was purchased from an authorized Scubapro dealer. Scubapro's own website, in their FAQ's section (10th question down), specifically addresses this question and states that the warranty isn't affected.

Scubapro FAQ section

I'm a little confused about Scubapro refusing to honor their warranty in the U.S. because the product was bought oversees, even though it was purchased from an authorized Scubapro dealer.

Here is what it comes down to, authorized dealers don't touch the computers. There is nothing they can service other than changing the battery on some units.

The OP contacted Scubapro directly and NOT his LDS. Scubapro Europe (where his purchase is registered) requested that he send in his unit to them for service.

No one REFUSED to service the equipment, regardless of warranty it has to go direct to Scubapro. Had this been a regulator, a simple trip to the LDS would have been fine under the warranty. Scubapro did request that the OP send them the computer so they could service it.

Why Scubapro didn't suggest he take it to a LDS where they could send it to Scubapro USA who would then ship it to Scubapro Europe... who would then fix it and send it back to Scubapro USA who would then send it to the LDS is beyond me :rofl3:

I mean, what is another 2 weeks or more worth of shipping right?

Here is what it comes down to, authorized dealers don't touch the computers. There is nothing they can service other than changing the battery on some units.

The OP contacted Scubapro directly and NOT his LDS. Scubapro Europe (where his purchase is registered) requested that he send in his unit to them for service.

No one REFUSED to service the equipment, regardless of warranty it has to go direct to Scubapro. Had this been a regulator, a simple trip to the LDS would have been fine under the warranty. Scubapro did request that the OP send them the computer so they could service it.

Why Scubapro didn't suggest he take it to a LDS where they could send it to Scubapro USA who would then ship it to Scubapro Europe... who would then fix it and send it back to Scubapro USA who would then send it to the LDS is beyond me :rofl3:

I mean, what is another 2 weeks or more worth of shipping right?
I see now what I missed in the original post. The OP contacted Scubapro directly instead of taking it to the nearest authorized dealer. FWIW, Scubapro's FAQ section states that Scubapro won't except any equipment for warranty work directly from the consumer. It has to come from an authorized dealer. The Warranty on the other hand states that for warranty work you need to deliver it to a authorized dealer, Scubapro service center, or Scubapro factory. Given what Scubapro's own Warranty and FAQ page states (in very conflicting ways), I wonder if the OP had taken it to the nearest authorized dealer (excluding dealers that wouldn't deal with you because you didn't buy it from them,) and not contacted Scubapro directly, would the outcome had been different (I read your earlier post touching on this)? This isn't a jab at the OP, just curiosity. Then again the OP may have just gotten a person on the phone at Scubapro that didn't know squat. I don't know, any way you slice it, Scubapro could've done a much better job dealing with this and making their own Warranty terms a lot clearer.

This worries me because my wife dives Scubapro (Sol, S600t/Mk25t) and I would hate to be out of the country and have Scubapro Wherever not want to work on it under warranty just because it wasn't bought in that country.

I have a feeling that a regulator is going to be a completly different story since those items are servicable by a LDS. My point was that the computer, regardless of which LDS you take it to, goes back to the manufacturer.

The "global limited lifetime warranty" (see #9 on the FAQ page) indicated that the global warranty only applies to certain items, like a regulator.

I have a feeling that a regulator is going to be a completly different story since those items are servicable by a LDS. My point was that the computer, regardless of which LDS you take it to, goes back to the manufacturer.

The "global limited lifetime warranty" (see #9 on the FAQ page) indicated that the global warranty only applies to certain items, like a regulator.

I would expect any Scubapro USA LDS to refuse warranty service on any piece of gear that came from a non-USA distribution channel.

Look at: FAQs - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

Items 9 and 10 apply to warranty on items purchased outside of the USA that need to be serviced here. The catch is I bet you will need to provide a receipt from an Authorized Dealer or have registered the product with Scubapro (any country).

Look at: FAQs - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

Items 9 and 10 apply to warranty on items purchased outside of the USA that need to be serviced here. The catch is I bet you will need to provide a receipt from an Authorized Dealer or have registered the product with Scubapro (any country).

I saw that. Unfortunately, that has absolutely no power over independent LDSs that happen to be Scubapro dealers. I even had a dealer refuse to perform a CPSC recall service. The Scubapro service center in CA wanted me to send the reg to them for the service. They were not even interested in the identity of the shop.

EDIT: Actually, he did not refuse to perform the service. He just refused to perform it for free as called for in the recall notice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom