Galileo Sol Interference with Air Pressure Transmiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe45

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone, last weekend I was diving for the first time with my Galileo Sol and my camera with two Ikelite AF35 Strobes, what I didn´t expect was that the galileo started showing me some warnings of not having pressure signal and even that the pressure signal was lost. I started to check everything on my first stage, but everything was OK. Then I did a dive without my camera and the computer worked perfect. I did some dives putting my camera away from the transmitter but what I realized was that when the Ikelite Strobes were turned ON the computer will give me the warnings, at the moment I turn them OFF, I didn´t had any trouble for the rest of the Dive. I was wondering if someone had heard if there is any chance that this could be true? and if it is what could I do to Dive with both of them and not having problems. I have attached a picture of the computer at the moment of the warning and the evaluation of the dive with the StarTrek software for the Galileo. The picture and the analysis are different Dives.

Attachments

• Air Pressure Signal Error in Galileo Sol Software.JPG
    Air Pressure Signal Error in Galileo Sol Software.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 102
  • No Pressure Signal 13.jpg
    No Pressure Signal 13.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 108
I dive the Sol and get messages periodically anyway so Yes I'd believe your getting enough radio interference for other electronics. I just hold my wrist up to my ear for 10 seconds and recheck it... I never have an issue with my SmartTec, though my LDS doesn't believe it ;-)

I can not turn mine of. Maybe because it is all entwined with the decompression calculations it will not allow it.

That is crazy never heard of that

In the Warning Settings there is one for Pressure Signal (2.6.8 or page 30 of the manual). You can turn off the warning there, or just set it for visual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom