Galileo Luna IrDa connection fails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmtoole

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Help can anyone help?

I have bourght a UWATEC Galileo Luna computer and a UWATEC IrDa interface but my pc can not communicate with the diving computer.
My pc is running Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit
When i turn on the Luna i get an "connection established ikon" on the luna screen but when i try to upload/download information frome the pc program i get a message who tells me that i cannot communicate with the diving computer

Kind regards

Torben

I have a similar issue with Windows 7 it says my "MDAC" is not up to date, I have gone to the Microsoft website and I have the latest version. Any help would be appreciated

try holding the galileo the the Irda sensor so that there is nothing in the way and linded up
light in the room can have an effect

Do you have correct drivers for the UWATEC IrDa device? I didn't have the official UWATEC device, but I find that I couldn't get a correct driver for my usb IrDA dongle. I ended getting XP setup in a virtual machine and got it working that way. Depending on which version of Windows 7 you have, you may be entitled to a free XP VM free of charge from Microsoft.

Hey squid509
I did what you told me - and it WORKS. I put the IrDa sensor cloce to (2 cm) the IR window in the Luna computer and turned off the light in the room - thats all.
I dont understand why the commukation between the Galileo Luna and the IrDa unit i so bad. Normaly i dont have problems controlling my Television with an IrDa Remote under normal light conditions?
Thank's for your help

Torben

They are much weaker than your TV's remote and the signal is much more focused, thus you have to put them pretty close together and lined up nearly perfectly.

I bought a USB IRDA from a local electronics shop for much less (24.99 IIRC) & it worked well in Xp, Win7 32bit, and now in Win7 64bit - no 3rd party drivers needed as Windows finds the device & installs drivers for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom