Galileo Luna CNSo2 clock question for you "tech"ies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rgiggi127

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a newly certified diver (appx 1.5 yrs). I bought a Galileo Luna from my LDS and I absolutely love it. It's easy to use and understand and it's AI by way of wireless unit (which I'm aware a lot of you don't like). My question stems from the "CNSo2 clock" that is displayed as a bar graph on the left side. Although I am a new diver, it's my nature to know as much as I can about what I am participating in. That leads to ALOT of reading. As I have read tons and tons of literature over the last couple of years, I understand that oxygen pp can become a problem in two ways. The CNSo2 and pulmonary issues due to sudden ppo2 levels above 1.4 bar and prolonged exposure above .5 bar for extended periods of time respectively. My Luna tracks both. According to the manual, it give an "MOD EXCEEDED" warning for CNSo2 protection if you exceed your maximum depth for the gas you're breathing. It also tracks prolonged exposure above .5 bar by way of the bar graph. My issue is that in the manual Scubapro calls that graph a "CNSo2 Clock". Is it just me misunderstanding something or would that be more accurately referred to simply an "o2 clock" or even a "pulmonary toxicity clock". Thanks for any input. I just want to make sure I understand what I'm reading from someone with more experience than me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom