Galapagos - what is the best season for UW videography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wus

New
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a Galapagos liveaboard cruise to Wolf and Darwin to see - and film - the hammerhead sharks.

From what I read so far, they can be seen year round - but correct me if I got this wrong. I just started reading up on it.

I have only small UW flashguns, and no video lights. Therefore I will mostly have to rely on natural light. So good visibility is very important to get good pictures.

Does visibility change over the seasons, near Wolf and Darwin? When can I expect the best visibility?

Visibility is diminished beginning either late May or early June (traditionally, though things are shifting) until Nov. due to the Humboldt current. Hammerheads have traditionally migrated away from late Feb - April. I would look at Jan or May.

Having said all this, what was standard for years may be shifting with climate change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom