Galapagos in December 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nippurmagnum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am considering doing a trip to the Galapagos (my first) on the Galapagos Master liveaboard in mid-December. I am not particularly concerned about COVID from a health point of view (for myself), but I have doubts about the potential for travel disruptions due to airline/liveaboard cancellations due to fast-changing government requirements, as the Northern Hemisphere enters cold weather and the predictable spike in COVID cases. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has been to the Galapagos previously, and especially for anyone who has been there over the last three months:

(1) Aside from the COVID test requirements to get into Ecuador and the Galapagos, is there any particular logistical challenge to getting into/out of the Galapagos/Ecuador in the COVID environment, for a US-based travel? Do you foresee any particular challenges arising between now and the end of December?

(2) Aside from COVID considerations, is December a good month to dive Galapagos?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom