G9 Setup -- First Dive -- Casa de Riemer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Walrod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As a follow up to this thread, I wanted to post a few pics from yesterdays pool dive. Sorry to mislead you :11doh: this was just a pool dive used to get familiar with this camera, housing and strobe.

Scott Riemer, my friend and dive buddy, let me go for a dive in his pool. Water temp was 75, vis was, well, at least 12 feet :D

As this is my second underwater camera rig, I used this 'dive' to try to learn other shooting modes I am not used to using. A-priority, S-priority and full manual modes as well as strobe settings.

Playing with each setting help me apply what I have been reading about. The settings anticipated changes to exposure relative to what actually happens. Lots of terminology to learn and experience to gain.

I set the camera to save RAW and jpeg. For some reason, I cannot get the Canon Zoombrowser program to load correctly:confused: It just errors upon startup with a Microsoft 'we need to close' prompt. Needless to say, I couldnt get any of the RAW files to open, even with photoshop 7. I need to do some more research..

Anyhow, here are a few pics of things found in a pool, from the jpeg files:

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0284-1.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0272-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom