G9 patima or fisheye housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody know of an outlet for Patima housings for the Canon G9 - I know they do not make them anymore and reefphoto does not have any??

I am not familiar with Fisheye housings, are they still being made?

Does anybody know of an outlet for Patima housings for the Canon G9 - I know they do not make them anymore and reefphoto does not have any??

I am not familiar with Fisheye housings, are they still being made?

There may be a Patima housing out there but I have hunted around the world - US, France, Australia, Phillipines and can not find a new Patima for sale.

I've never seen a fisheye for a G9, olny the G10 (and the Nikon cloopix P5100 and now the 6000).

No luck either on a Patima G9 housing, but I did come across a Sea&sea one if it interests you: FUN-IN Underwater Photographic Equipment

wow, $1200 for a housing, is that the normal price? I might have to pass on that idea

Sorry, but it is the normal price in Europe.
Generally, european prices are more or less 20 to 30% above the US prices. It is mainly due to custom taxes and some other local taxes like VAT (value added tax)
Do not forget also that the Patima housing are made in Korea (I think) and the cost of shipping to Europe can be also quite high.

Taxes in Europe are insane. I think there is a 20% VAT, and their prices on top of that are poor. For example on shop in the UK sells the Nikon 24~120mm AFS VR lens for 850 pounds. That is $1174 dollars! In the USA you can purchase that lens for $550.

Yikes!

Gotta pay for that universal health care somehow, welcome to the real world USA.

When something is the only game in town, looks like for a G9, it will cost and arm and a leg. That is a bummer. But, after you cut your arm and leg off in Europe you get free health care--right?

N

Gotta pay for that universal health care somehow, welcome to the real world USA.

When something is the only game in town, looks like for a G9, it will cost and arm and a leg. That is a bummer. But, after you cut your arm and leg off in Europe you get free health care--right?

N
being a healthcare worker I could get this thread off topic really really quick, but Iwill keep my opinions to myself:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom