G5X m2 vs G7X m3 any thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm guessing many of us have been waiting for Canon to upgrade the G7x m2 and finally get 4k on board...and Canon has finally done it. It's a pity that they have not included the better focusing system that they have on the the mirror-less cameras! But the the new Canon's really do look pretty good.

Other than a slightly longer zoom what does everyone think the difference between the new G5X and G7X really is?

The G5X has really slimmed down!! And with the slightly longer zoom may be even better at macro...BUT will it need a separate port system to make full use of it?? That is, will it need the "short" port to make use of a WA wet lense?

It basically looks like the G5X is made to combat Sony's RX100 VI and the the G7X is there to beat the RX100 Va.

For me I really want the versatility of flipping between macro and WA in one dive. SO of the 4 cameras listed above which one is best?

Back
Top Bottom