G2 Backup for a MK2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ianb1122

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question for the group. Through good fortune I just came upon a lightly used Scubapro G2 for a phenomenal price. I currently dive a Garmin Mk2i and love it. About to start technical OC training, would the G2 make a good backup? Or should I look to resell for a profit and move into a perdix? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

About to start technical OC training, would the G2 make a good backup?

The G2 at this point doesn't support GF's (but has everything else you'll need). I was told that support for GF in G2 is coming in few months but I am not sure if it means firmware update for the current units or new model of the G2 with GF will be available.

If they are going to issue a firmware update for the G2 with GF, then you don't need to look anywhere else, it will be most awesome.

Scubapro technical support is in Germany right where you are, you should contact them about the GF issue through their website and check with them. They usually answer emails within a day or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom