FYI: United cans Cairns-Guam service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetPup

Weedy Sea Dragon
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
TRAVEL ALERT FOR MICRONESIA
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/cairnsguam4aussiedivers?source=feed_text&story_id=869973326406755
United Airlines has advised that they will be discontinuing their twice weekly Cairns-Guam-Cairns service effective 27 Sept 2015 (northbound). United Airlines have taken this decision "because the services financial performance did not meet expectations".

A bit of a kick in the guts for Aussie divers *sigh*

What's the best option now for Palau/Micronesia? Via Tokyo I guess?

Getting to Manila from Australia is surprisingly inconvenient - unless you happen to live in Sydney (I don't). Pretty much everywhere flies to Tokyo, most with multiple daily flights.

The direct flight from Manila to Palau is by UA and you probably don't want to waste any money on them!!!!!!!!

Google informs me there are also direct flights from Narita (on Delta) and Incheon (on Korean Air and Asiana) to Palau. I pick either of those above United now that there's no convenient connection for us in Guam. It's not necessarily a straight up issue with United that puts me off transiting in Manila, but simply that Narita is more convenient for most Australian travellers due to the flight schedules.

Back
Top Bottom