FYI. Looks like United dropping Wednesday flights this winter but may be adding others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just got a few cancellations for Wednesday flights in Jan/Feb. I looked at their website and they seem to flying Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday some weeks—not sure those flights were there before Doesn’t exactly matter, but historically Wednesday had been one of their more stable flights (obviously not as stable as Saturday ). It might have been because I think that day was slow for business traffic in the states, so they used the capacity for a mid week flight to a leisure destination. Maybe they are assuming business traffic will be slow to rebound (seems like a safe assumption ) and are planning accordingly.

Anyway just flagging for the group. Doubt many people have Wednesday travel plans booked for January/February As I mentioned, there may be flights on other days that weren’t there before

sure hope so…I'm so weary of Cancun.

dave dillehay

Just booked a Wednesday flight for December 23rd, hope it doesn't get canceled!

We travel on air miles, Wednesday’s are usually the day we pick due to fewer required miles.

Just booked a Wednesday flight for December 23rd, hope it doesn't get canceled!

Never say never , but you should be good. United has been locking down their schedule about 25 days before the start of the month (around 5 November for December flights ). It has been American that has cancelled flights on fairly short notice. Obviously mechanical /weather still a risk for United, but that risk is always there (and mechanical cancellation risk should be lower given all the extra planes they have)

Never say never , but you should be good. United has been locking down their schedule about 25 days before the start of the month (around 5 November for December flights ). It has been American that has cancelled flights on fairly short notice. Obviously mechanical /weather still a risk for United, but that risk is always there (and mechanical cancellation risk should be lower given all the extra planes they have)
Thank you, sounds good!

Air Canada nuked all direct flights either from Toronto (last week)or Montreal. So it’s a bag drag from Cancun or stay home.....

I realize there is a reduced ferry schedule, does that mean we might have to wait as “our” ferry might be full? Not worried about about social distancing on a crammed ferry as I still have a few N95’s left from before sars.

Air Canada nuked all direct flights either from Toronto (last week)or Montreal. So it’s a bag drag from Cancun or stay home.....

I realize there is a reduced ferry schedule, does that mean we might have to wait as “our” ferry might be full? Not worried about about social distancing on a crammed ferry as I still have a few N95’s left from before sars.

Almost 0 chance that you'd have to wait due to having reached maximum capacity, but I'd get my ticket at least 1/2 hour before departure if possible - just one less thing to stress about.

Thanks. I was planning on getting the tickets then something to eat. Anywhere you’d recommend?

Senor Frogs is right beside the pier (very touristy, but convenient). Unless things have changed getting a ticket doesn't guarantee you a spot on the boat (have to stand in line). I will defer to mediumone's comment about ferry availability since I haven't heard horror stories lately about the passenger ferry (but haven't been watching for them either).

I know the car ferry is still overbooked because I have a washer/dryer that is on wrong side of the channel because car ferry was full yesterday when people I had paid to bring it here got in line. They say they got there at 11 for 12:30 car ferry (which was booked), 1:30 was full also. This could just be an excuse but pretty specific and believable. Btw, be careful ordering stuff you actually need over the internet from Liverpool (one of big stores in Mexico). I ordered a new washer/dryer in early November since old one failed. They said it would be delivered in five days, then 2 weeks, then one month, then maybe January. They would only bring it over to the island if they had enough other stuff to justify the trip. Wound up having to pay someone to pick it up and bring it across from Cancun, and even that has taken 5 days. Not happy camper--also re-learned my college view that "clean" is a relative term for clothes. Thankfully I borrow neighbors washer/dryer every now and then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom