FYI, drrich2 and family are OK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I got a message that @drrich2 and family in southwest Kentucky are fine. The tornados did a lot of damage to a nearby town causing Internet bandwidth problems, so I offered to pass this message along. Condolences to all the people who lost family, friends, homes, and livelihoods.

Thank you for this update, I’m glad to hear that they are ok. I had no idea that this was even happening.

Tornados are unusually widespread:

So glad to hear this! It was an awful storm. Devastating destruction in some areas. We have family in western IL near where the Amazon Watehouse partially collapsed with multiple fatalities. They are fine but said the storm was very bad.

Thankfully Hopkinsville was largely spared. This morning I was looking on Facebook at photos of nearby Dawson Springs, which looks leveled. Pembroke to the south of us got hit hard, I'm told. I'm still hot spotting my phone's Internet service to the desktop computer off and on because the cable Internet service is still down.

Seems whether you live in the U.S. there's some severe weather threat. Florida and the east coast, hurricanes. California seems to be on fire all the time these days, never mind the earthquake threat. Blizzards up north. Tornados here.

Thankfully Hopkinsville was largely spared. This morning I was looking on Facebook at photos of nearby Dawson Springs, which looks leveled. Pembroke to the south of us got hit hard, I'm told. I'm still hot spotting my phone's Internet service to the desktop computer off and on because the cable Internet service is still down.

Seems whether you live in the U.S. there's some severe weather threat. Florida and the east coast, hurricanes. California seems to be on fire all the time these days, never mind the earthquake threat. Blizzards up north. Tornados here.

It was a terrible storm, I am in northern Illinois and we were watching it but we got lucky - it stayed south of us. So glad to hear that your family and home are okay.

@drrich2
Certainly, relived that you and yours are safe and sound. When I was viewing the news, I was questioning if there was collateral damage in Paducah -Just how close -- In miles --was the storm from your home ?
SDM. III

Just how close -- In miles --was the storm from your home ?
The 2 places close to us that got hit hard were Dawson Springs (and nearby Princeton) and Pembroke. A woman I used to work with had an apartment in Dawson Springs that got destroyed; she's staying with a daughter now.

Dawson Springs is about 20 or so miles away, as the crow flies. Pembroke is about 11 miles away.

We had a lot of lightning flashes before I went to bed, and I heard thunder during the night. We slept through it.

Paducah's farther from us (to the northwest); The Paducah Sun has coverage; looks like they're focused on damage at other places, like Dawson Springs and Mayfield, so I'm guessing Paducah didn't get much harm.

Tornados are a regional hazard here; seems like once or twice in the Spring, our house gets buffeted by winds that spook us a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom