Future Apeks models

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taimen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone heard any rumors about future Apeks models?
Now after MTX-R and especially XL4 it would be logical to see an upgraded DST.
Already this year?

The only thing I can imagine them doing to the DST is perhaps adding the plastic end cap as found on the MTX and DS4. A removable crown would be nice but I guess they are keeping that for just the "flagship" model.

If Apeks put ARCAP on every model, they might as well just make DS4 and DST only.
Plastic end cap!!! What a joke.

I think a XL4 style improved DST with the new end cap and surface treatment would be great. Ideally it would also be somewhat lighter than DST, without compromising cold water performance.
I am sure it is in the works already.

That end cap is plastic, no idea how robust it is, it requires a special tool and a specific torque setting, it also adds two new O rings into the mix, is satin which does not hold up as well as chrome. I'm finding it hard to see where the actual improvement is, it's not like the DS4 struggles in cold water. Adding an ARCAP would have been a worthwhile improvement to me.

In my post above I meant DB4 not DS4.

As a product I guess DB4 is placed as an environmentally sealed lightweight alternative to US4. I still think there would be room for a turret model with similar approach.

I like the way the turret on the MTX-R is machined so all the hoses point straight out away from the reg. I.e. all in a 180 degree plane, instead of being all at angles to each other.

Why don't other regs do that (besides the Tek3, which is a beast unto itself)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom